New Home For Triage From Home!

Don't forget:
I'm transitioning my blog over to my own domain, so please come and visit there. For the time being, I will continue to update both blogs so I don't lose anyone, but please update your following status and bookmarks to my new page:

www.triagefromhome.com

Monday, November 24, 2008

I Couldn't Resist


I was picking up a few things at the store today, and there they were: the gigantic boxes of Holiday Rice Krispies. I don't normally buy Rice Krispies at all. My son is addicted to the worst cereals there are....Cap'n Crunch is his favorite. I used to stress about this and try to limit his intake, or buy Cheerios and Corn Flakes. He's 16 now- I gave up a long time ago. C'est la vie:-)

Anyway...this box was calling to me "rice krispie treats, rice krispie treats..." so I had to bring it home. Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that some people regularly buy packaged Rice Krispie Treats? This took me about 5 minutes to make--tops. The element on the stove took longer to warm up than it took to make these:-) Now, I can see buying Naniamo Bars, or even Brownies which take a minor amount of skill to make, but Rice Krispie Treats?? C'mon!

(The tray is half gone already)

3 comments:

ABrushWithHumor said...

OMG I love rice crispie treats! It's 10pm and I'm now wondering if the grocery store is open this late. You're too cruel...

Robin

pickleberries said...

Oh Man! Now I'm gonna have to make my husband run to the store for these supplies & then make some so I can have warm krispies while I watch Monday Night football!

Helen said...

Sorry guys! I know RK treats are yummmy. I'm trying to resist eating too many here!