New Home For Triage From Home!

Don't forget:
I'm transitioning my blog over to my own domain, so please come and visit there. For the time being, I will continue to update both blogs so I don't lose anyone, but please update your following status and bookmarks to my new page:

www.triagefromhome.com

Friday, February 13, 2009

Before She Grows Boobs!



I did it!! Today, I registered to walk 60km over 3 days in August to raise money for breast cancer research. I have been thinking about doing this walk for several years, but was always put off by the seemingly HUGE task of trying to raise at least $2000 in donations.
This year, I'm pretty sure with the help of my blog and twitter that I can do it! I'm open to ideas as well.
My first idea is to ask for donations of items I can promote and sell via 'auction style' bidding here on the blog. I will post up one item per week and take bids all week. Bids can be made by leaving a comment under the posting of the item you are interested in. The item will be sold to the highest bidder and all funds will be collected directly via my personal online donation page at the Weekend to End Breast Cancer website. That way, I don't have to handle the funds at all and bidders can feel comfortable in knowing the funds are going directly to the cause! The items will be sent out directly by the person donating them- just like during a normal blog giveaway.

Please let me know if you'd like to help by donating a product. I will promote you and your shop and will require bidders to visit your shop to choose their favorite items when they are bidding.

If you'd like to make a direct money donation to help me, you can donate directly here. The first 5 people to donate will get a free Juicybags coin purse! Leave me a comment on this post after you've made your donation and I'll connect with you for a shipping address:-)

I'll be walking in honor of my aunt, Sharon who died much too young from breast cancer. She wasn't there to attend her daughters' weddings, or to meet the 4 grandchildren they have had since she died. She didn't get to meet my wonderful husband or to come to my wedding either.
I also walk in honor of my father, Frank who died of cancer a few months before my aunt and has been gone for 10 years now. He missed so much too.

I miss them both very much and I hope by walking in this event, the money I raise can help to prevent other people from missing out on great times with their friends and family.
Let's find a cure for breast cancer SOON!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the walking! I love that picture, it is perfect!

1stExpressions said...

Way to go! That's a great cause to be walking for. I'm definitely going to check back and do some bidding ;-)

Helen said...

Thank you so much Stitch Witch! The first auction is going up tomorrow, and it's a good one!

pickleberries said...

Just donated $25.00 for you online dear. What an easy process it was! Thank you for doing this for ALL of our tatas. :)

Helen said...

Thank you SO MUCH for being my first cash donation! I would like to do a promo about your shop on my blog as thanks:-) Your shop is awesome!

ABrushWithHumor said...

Love it! Great Idea! Wish I'd thought of it! I'm definitely in on this one!

Robin

Helen said...

The first auction is up! Sooo excited to see yours too Robin:-)

Bid freely my friends-- we gotta kick Breast Cancer's butt!