New Home For Triage From Home!

Don't forget:
I'm transitioning my blog over to my own domain, so please come and visit there. For the time being, I will continue to update both blogs so I don't lose anyone, but please update your following status and bookmarks to my new page:

www.triagefromhome.com

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Draft of my business cards




Jon helped me make this graphic for my business cards. The background is part of a picture I took last year of my stargazer lillies in the front garden. It just needs some more small tweaks- I'm not thrilled with the font for the information text. The 'juicybags' font is fun, but it doesn't work for the rest of the card- not easily readable. I need to find something prettier and not so bold. I also need to move the text a little closer in towards the middle to make sure nothing gets cut off. I was planning on printing them at home, but our inkjet had other ideas. I printed one page and they came out with bands of alternating light and dark colours across them. So much for that. Jon tried a few fixes, but no luck.
So, as soon as I can figure out how to do the tweaks it needs, I'll be ordering a batch of these from overnightprints.com instead.

I'm recovering from my 2 night shifts today, so didn't get much done. The garbage and recycling has been taken out for pick up, I went out to get dog food, we ate leftovers for dinner and I've made a clutch wallet and one coin purse. Not a totally wasted day anyway!
Jon is out at a class tonight and he's got a mid-term. He's been working so hard on these courses. I hope it goes well.

Later: Well, it's all tweaked and sent for printing now. Jon is a genius...I love the new version!

No comments: